Adelaide newcomer steps up

This article brought to you by:

Generation Y is making an impact on the drag strip with the presence of drivers such as Ben Bray and Daniel Gregorini in the ANDRA Pro Series.

Joining them in Top Doorslammer will be another young gun, with 24 year old Adelaide resident Adam Tassone recently taking ownership of a brand new 1968 Pontiac Firebird from the USA.

“It’s a dream come true and I can’t wait to hit the track later on in the year,” he said. “It has been a long process organising this car but well worth the wait.”

Tassone formerly raced in the Junior Dragster dragster with a car nicknamed Violent Rumble.

He’s fully aware of the step up required from a single cylinder, half scale dragster to a supercharged V8 with 3000 horsepower on tap.

“I’ve never driven a supercharged car before so I will have to learn to crawl before I can walk,” he said. “That said I can’t wait to play with the big boys.”

The Firebird will be using an engine combination currently being kept under wraps, though Tassone said it was not the standard Hemi that most cars in the field utilise. It will however have the familiar PSI supercharger to boost air through the motor.

“I’d like to thank my family and friends for all their support, as well as M&A Building Services, Powerplay Drag Racing, Kon M Plumbing and Andy K Tiling,” he said.

ANDRA is currently in negotiations to hold an ANDRA Pro Series event at Adelaide International Raceway in April.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine