Eighth Mile Series continues at Benaraby

This article brought to you by:

Benaraby Raceway is getting ready to host more than 100 racers on Saturday 21 July 2012 for round two of the JP Racing Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series.

The 2012 JP Racing Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series is in its third year and will play host to Diamond T Products Junior Dragster, Queensland Nameplate Group Modified Bike, John Williams Auto Sales Super Street, Ice Slushee Super Sedan, RD Williams Excavator Parts Modified and the new FJ Loy and Sons Earthmoving Old School bracket.

One racer to keep an eye on is 27 year old Aaron Neucom from Gladstone, who will be searching for speed at his home track.

“The Eighth Mile Series is great fun and you get three rounds of racing – and everyone knows, the more racing, the better,” said Neucom, who is currently second in the Ice Slushee Super Sedan series points.

“I will be taking to the track in Robert and Shiralee Meredith’s Super Sedan Gemini, I have to say thank you to them for letting me drive their car while my regular Modified machine is out of commission having an engine upgrade.

“We will just be going out there trying to go fast, and hopefully we can pick up some wins along the way.”

The 21 July 2012 event will be the second of four rounds for the 2012 JP Racing Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series, which also travels to Willowbank Raceway and Warwick Dragway.

“We are expecting more than 100 racers at Benaraby Raceway for round two of the 2012 JP Racing Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series, and if the previous round and the previous two series are anything to go by, a great weekend is ahead,” said series promoter John Winterburn.

The Series kicked off at Willowbank Raceway on 21 April, and will head to Benaraby Dragway for round two on 21 July. Warwick Dragway will then step up to the plate on 25 August due to reconstruction work at Ironbark Raceway, before the final round gets going also at Warwick Dragway on 10 November 2012.

For more information on the 2012 JP Racing Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series, including information on rules, how to enter and the points system, please visit www.willowbankraceway.com.au.

2012 JP Racing Eighth Mile Drag Racing Series

Calendar:
• Round One – Willowbank Raceway – 21 April 2012
• Round Two – Benaraby Dragway – 21 July 2012
• Round Three – Warwick Dragway – 25 August 2012
• Final Round – Warwick Dragway – 10 November 2012

Racing classes:
• Diamond T Products Junior Dragster
• Queensland Nameplate Group Modified Bike
• John Williams Auto Sales Super Street
• Ice Slushee Super Sedan
• RD Williams Excavator Parts Modified