ANDRA appoints its Ambassador to India and the Middle East

This article brought to you by:

andralogo400

The Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA), the drag racing sanctioning body of Australia, has announced a tie up with AKT Strategic Consulting as part of its overall strategy to expand overseas and seek global partners.

AKT Strategic Consulting was founded by AK Tareen, who represented Australian federal and state governments in India to promote trade, investment and cultural ties since 1995 until his retirement as SA’s Senior Trade Commissioner early this year.

ANDRA CEO Malcolm Bulley said India and the Middle East, like Australians, were extremely passionate about sports.

“With increasing prosperity, motorsports is becoming hugely popular amongst Indians who now host their own Grand Prix and have produced several internationally recognised F1 racers,” he said. “ANDRA is keen to tap into this large but unexplored market to promote its calendar of events in 2014 and beyond.

“We are delighted to appoint AK Tareen as ANDRA’s Ambassador to India and the Middle East to promote drag racing and help attract global partners.

“Mr Tareen is a keen sporting and motoring enthusiast and, as Australia’s rep in the sub-continent for nearly two decades, comes with immense credibility, experience, knowledge and networks in the region. He has a brilliant track record in innovatively marrying sports with business.”

ANDRA business development manager Jennifer Harrison said she couldn’t wait to see the growth to come.

“I am truly excited at the prospects of AK Tareen introducing overseas companies to the most powerful motorsport on the planet,” she said.

Mr Tareen said he was excited to be associated with ANDRA as its Ambassador to India and the Middle East.

“As a keen automobile and racing aficionado right since my childhood, it is a dream come true for me to be working closely with this sport,” he said. “I am looking forward to using my profile and connections to build ‘Brand ANDRA’ in India and the Middle East as well as promote global partnerships.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine