Tschtura aims to tame Super Street at Willowbank

This article brought to you by:

Neil_Tschutura_11th_July_QDRC_2015_-___1225_.jpg

Willowbank Raceway will this Saturday (10 October) host the second to last round of the 2015 Queensland Drag Racing Championships (QDRC), with more than 100 local racers set to be battling it out for victory as the title chase speeds towards its conclusion. One of those racers is 44 year old Neil Tschutura of Wivenhoe Pocket, who is currently leading the points charge in the Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street bracket aboard his VYSS Commodore.

“The championship isn’t on my mind too much at the moment, as there are two more rounds left – including one in the eliminations format which can change everything,” said Tschutura

“Of course being on top of the leader board is always a great place to be, and it would be great to win the QDRC. At the end of the day, that is the best result of the year and the one that we strive for.”

At the last round, Tschutura took out the win in the Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street bracket to move himself into the top spot on the ladder for the category.

“Qualifying went well with the car being fairly consistent, and then with some luck during racing I managed to take three out of three round wins with everyone else in the running breaking-out (running faster than the time they ‘dialled in’ for their race) in their last race – including me!” said Tschutura.

“I was just lucky that I broke-out by the least and therefore ended up in the final, where I managed to take the win.”

For this coming weekend, the racer will be sticking to his normal routine as he looks to keep himself on top of the points tally.

“I always follow the same routine for events – I get there early to set up, prep the car and get scrutineering done so then I can relax and wait for qualifying,” said Tschutura.

“The QDRC events are always a good day out, and the events usually run smoothly. As a one day event, you can drive there, have a go, and then drive home again after having a fun day out including lots of laughs with good mates.

“I have to thank my wife Christine and also Alan ‘Chang’ Grimsey for always helping me out with my car maintenance, and the rest of the clan I hang out at the track for their support.”

Tschutura and his fellow Prime Signs/Speed Elec Super Street competitors will be joined at Willowbank Raceway this Saturday by more than 150 racers across the QDRC SuperComp, QDRC Comp Bike, Donnelly Blasting Services QDRC Outlaws, Knijff Earthmoving Modified, Powercruise Super Sedan, Modified Bike, Wallace Bishop Loyal Watches Junior Dragster and Super Gas brackets. Spectator admission is just $20.00 for adults, $18.00 for students with ID, and children aged 13 and under gain FREE admission. Gates open at 7.00am, with qualifying from 11.00am to 5.00pm and racing from 5.00pm.

– Willowbank Raceway Media Release

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine