400 Thunder Series unveiled as future of Australian drag racing

This article brought to you by:

400ThunderLaunch2

A new era of drag racing has begun with the unveiling of the new 400 Thunder Australian Professional Drag Racing Series in Sydney.

Following the recent announcement of a new professional series, the exciting new 400 Thunder branding was revealed, along with it a revolutionary FOX Sports TV package, and a prize pool of almost $750,000.

400 Thunder spokesperson Tony Wedlock said it is a milestone day for Australian drag racing, and the new branding reflects the sensory experience of the sport.

“We’re thrilled to unveil the 400 Thunder brand. This marks the start of a new age in Australian drag racing, and just like our competitors on the start line, we are only looking forward from here,” Wedlock said.

400ThunderLaunch1

“400 Thunder is the ideal branding as it not only tells the distance we race over, but describes the noise and sensation our fantastic sport creates.

“The sound and feeling of a Top Fuel dragster, and all the internationally-recognised headline categories, really is like a crack of thunder and I know competitors and fans will throw their support behind the brand.”

The entire 400 Thunder Australian Professional Drag Racing Series will be shown in prime time slots on FOX Sports, with 37 weekly episodes – more than 30 hours of air time – throughout the season, while live event streaming will also be available.

Competitors will vie for almost $750,000 in prize money over the 10-event calendar, which sees them travel to three states and race at world class venues.

Wedlock said the future is bright for the professional ranks under the new 400 Thunder brand.

“We have a huge season in store the 400 Thunder series, and I speak for everyone when I say we can’t wait to kick it off with the East Coast Nationals at Sydney Dragway next month,” he said.

400ThunderLaunch3Mayor of Blacktown City Council Stephen Bali is excited to have another major motorsport series in his region.

400ThunderLaunch4400ThunderLaunch5

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine