Danaher returns from crash with Firebird

This article brought to you by:

jackdanaher.jpg

Jack Danaher will be returning to racing at this weekend’s East Coast Nationals following an accident in June last year.

Danaher had just purchased a Supercharged Outlaws hot rod in 2014 but things went awry for him with a big time braking area crash at Sydney Dragway.

But the time is right for a new car to make its debut – a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am he purchased from the States as a roller. The car is ready but Danaher is still taking his time.

“It’s been a very long road back since my accident in June last year. I have now received medical clearance but will have my good mate and crew chief Kane Finn driving the car for this meeting,” Danaher said.

The Firebird is a chrome moly dual rail car and has run mid sixes in the USA with a blown big block Chev and Lenco transmission.

“As soon as the car landed we stripped it, updated a few things, had it painted and then pieced together a driveline for it,” Danaher explained. “There was quite a bit of work involved to set it up the way we wanted but it has all been worth it, we are very happy with the car now.”

Danaher had planned to attend the aborted Wednesday test day but will now prepare for Saturday’s qualifying.

“I really want to thank the drag racing community and all our friends and family for their support in coming back, in particular Aikman Engineering, AE Performance, Exhaust Bros Geelong, Repco Colac and EJ Russell Plant Hire.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine