Fowler commencing Top Sportsman Championship title defence

This article brought to you by:

wintersgrantstephensdaytwo-63

Steve Fowler, driver of the Aeroflow Performance Parts Top Sportsman Pontiac GXP, made history by winning the first ever Top Sportsman championship during the 2014/2015 season. This weekend at the East Coast Nationals at Sydney Dragway, Fowler will start to defend his championship.

Fowler will officially receive his championship accolades on Monday night at the 2014/2015 Championship banquet.

It will be the first time that the Fowler Family Racing team have raced in competition mode at Sydney Dragway since winning the championship, and last weekend, Fowler made some test runs to dust off the cobwebs.

“It’s good to finally get the chance to race in Sydney again. As a team, we were disappointed that the Nitro Champs got rained out, but at the end of the day we have no control over the weather,” said Fowler.

“We’re pleased with the results of our test session last weekend. We made four runs within six hundredths (6.86 to 6.94 seconds) which helps boost our confidence going into this weekend. The competition in Top Sportsman is only going to get tougher this year, so making consistent runs gives us some confidence that we will be able to keep up with the high level of competition.”

Outside of racing the Fowlers have a new addition to the family – Steve along with wife Jasmine, welcomed daughter Paisley to the family at the end of September.

“When we race, we race as a family. Having Paisley at the event is going to be special as it’s her first trip to the races,” he said.

“One of the things I love most about the sport of Drag Racing is the family atmosphere. My sons Brady and Kade love spending time at the track, I have no doubt that little sister Paisley will enjoy the Fowler Family Drag Racing tradition.”

Fowler Family Racing would like to thank Aeroflow Performance Products and Fowler Family Transport for their support of the team.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine