One bad Kiwi makes good on debut

This article brought to you by:

MoriceMcmillan261115

New Zealand’s Morice McMillin has driven some fast cars during his drag racing career but last Sunday the affable Kiwi had his first taste of nitro whilst completing licencing passes at Sydney Dragway and for him and his crew, the Aeroflow Triple Challenge can’t come soon enough.

When quizzed about how the ‘One Bad Kiwi’ nitro funny car compared with other cars he had raced, McMillin beamed with excitement.

“Honestly, it’s like nothing I can compare at all, their’s just no comparison.

“If I had to put it into words – I suppose one is a bit of hail and one is a thunder storm. It’s just the whole experience, the noise, the smell – the whole experience is just amazing!

“As soon as I sat in the car at the raceshop, it just fit like a glove, everything was set up perfectly and it was just perfect for me.

McMillin brought his own crew with him so they could also get to know the new car.

“For us, it’s a steep learning curve but the boys picked it up quickly but under the guidance Aaron Hambridge and the boys in the Aeroflow raceshop, it was a great day.”

It was also the team’s first trip to Sydney Dragway, the venue for the massive December 12 event where McMillin will make his competition debut.

Morice added, “To race on a world class facility is like nothing that you dream about it will be great to see the huge field of funny cars all lined up in the staging lanes for the event.

After the licencing, McMillin and his crew returned to the raceshop to get the car ready for competition.

“We went back to the shop and serviced as much as we could today.

“Now, we get the logistics in place for the event and make sure everything is good to go. Oh and we will nervously wait,” he laughed.

But McMillin is not making the trip for enjoyment alone, he is looking for fast passes and win lights.

“Driving a funny car for Graeme Cowin was amazing, to run my first 5 is something you can put into words but to race against the best in the business a the best funny car event you could imagine – we’ll that will be the dream come true!”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine