Belleri back after slammer smash

This article brought to you by:

Sydney smash repairer Mark Belleri had to make the most of his trade following a wild ride recently but is ready to come back to Western Australia for the Home Group WA Nitro Slam this Friday and Saturday, part of the 400 Thunder Series.

Belleri was up against Ben Bray in the semi finals of Pro Slammer at the East Coast Nationals at Sydney Dragway when the Holden Trade Club Monaro he was driving turned hard left into the safety barriers.

“The car has been running pretty good all weekend but in the semi finals it spun up on the tyres at the top of first gear and then it must have hit the bump and unloaded the tyres, I didn’t have much time to catch it,” he said.

Belleri was unhurt and fortunately damage was limited to mostly cosmetic repairs, despite the spectacular nature of the incident.

“Damage wise, the front and back wheel were damaged and one front steering arm, but the rest was cosmetic,” he said. “Our chassis builder Murray Anderson came up and made sure the car was square. We were pretty happy, we got away with it really.”

Through the efforts of his crew and business Narrabeen Smash Repairs, Belleri has been able to restore the Pro Slammer to racing condition.

“I’m in the right trade, but it was the wrong time of year as we are flat out at work – I had to tell a few customers there was a parts delay,” he laughed.

When it comes to the second event for the new 400 Thunder Series, Belleri said that the team has lofty ambitions against a tough field that include reigning champion John Zappia, East Coast Nationals runner up Ben Bray, a resurgent Grant O’Rourke and more.

“We want to win the meeting, we think we have the car to do it. We ran a 5.88 and a 5.89 in Sydney and Zappia was the only car quicker than us. On a better track and with me a bit more comfortable in the car we were will be aiming for 70s. We have the gear and the know how.”

ecn071115 677 copy

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine