Steve Norman welcomes Summit Sportsman Series to hometown

This article brought to you by:

StevenNorman-AustNationals2016-web

ANDRA Super Stock Champion Steve Norman will finally get to sleep in his own bed when the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series presented by Whyalla City Council visits Whyalla March 12-13.

The penultimate round of the Series will see ANDRA Championship Drag Racing visit Steel City Raceway for the very first time giving Norman the opportunity to stay home for a change. 

“It makes me feel proud to have a round of the Championship in my home town,” said Norman.

“The members of our local club have been relentless in their pursuit to make our track as good as any regional track in Australia, and they deserve to have a successful meeting.”

Heading into the final two rounds of the 2015/2016 ANDRA Championship season, Norman is already on the 300 points cap following his Australian Nationals success with a second consecutive Australian Super Stock title in his sights.

“Both Kim Fardella and our team are on maximum points and we will both be there regardless.

“There will be plenty of quality cars there with some heavy hitters in all the brackets. We have had a pretty successful season so far and would obviously like to continue on but as they say in that other sport one meeting at a time.

It took me twenty something years to win a Championship and I’m not giving it back yet.”

Round 9 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series presented by Whyalla City Council visits Steel City Raceway in Whyalla for the very first time March 12-13.

For more information please visit: www.steelcitydrags.com

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine