King Torana

This article brought to you by:

DannyBuongiorno020616 2

Daniel Buongiorno has unveiled his Outlaw 10.5 Torana – and what a weapon itis. Packing a bullet from Jamie Noonan’s Top Alcohol Dragster, [KINGLX] will turn heads and run some numbers.

If you think you recognise it, the Torana was already a prestigious piece of race car in its former guise as Peter Papaioannou’s [SUXGAS]. In the hands of Buongiorno the Torana has received a freshened up short deck 477 cuber that Noonan raced in his dragster at last year’s Winternationals, capped off with a Kobelco blower. 

“I went for the 14/71 high helix Kobelco over the PSI as I am not looking to break the car in half,” laughed Buongiorno.

“It runs a Rossler Pro Mod 2 speed TH400, Neil Chance converter, all set up by Al at Al’s Race Glides. Craig Burns at SCF supplied the front end and ongoing additions, Danny Makdessi from Custom Body Works painted and fitted the car out all in house, with Brett Gillespie taking care of all the tuning and track support.”

“The car is a kinda sister car to Danny’s Valiant, I couldn’t do anything without those guys.”

DannyBuongiorno020616 1

Running the billet block prevented Buongiorno from running the car in his desired APSA class, Pro Street Blown, but he is happy to dive into Outlaw 10.5.

“I will continue to develop the car and just have some fun running what ever times it can as long as it’s safe and reliable,” he said.

Based in Sydney, we will surely see some tantalising match ups against Michelle Davies’ hatchback version in the near future.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine