Father and daughter drag racing duo battle it out on the track

This article brought to you by:

Rodneys New Bantum

Rod and Emily Williams, the father-daughter duo from Dalby Queensland, will take to the track from the 24-25th of August and compete against each other for the first time in the Extreme bracket at the 2019 Garrett Advancing Motion Brisbane Jamboree.

Extreme is an exciting bracket with combinations that showcase what the sport is about, as well as demonstrate how racers are pushing the limits of what can be done mechanically to a vehicle in order to dominate on the drag strip.

Rodney will be racing his newly built Bantam Altered, powered by an insane Ford six-cylinder, methanol injected supercharged power plant.

Rodney explains, “It’s a new car and combo for us and something we want to get deep into the 7’s on the quarter mile.

“With only a few passes in the seat, we look forward to its development over the next few weeks to get on top of the car and hopefully take the win at Jamboree”.

The proven 8 second rear engine dragster will have Rodney’s daughter Emily in the driver’s seat. Fitted with a turbo 6-cylinder Ford Crossflow engine it isn’t a common combination, but with the wizard of Dalby on the tune Rod says “the Haltech ECU manages it just fine.”

Twenty-one-year-old Emily has been racing since she was 16 years old, with dreams of racing in a Top Fuel Dragster and taking out the win against her Dad.

“It will be awesome to race against Dad at Jamboree and hopefully take him out in the Extreme finals with an all Raw Automotive final” said Rodney’s daughter Emily.

Rodney is confident his daughter will do well at Brisbane Jamboree, “She is used to racing in the Dragster, which I built purposely for my daughters Emily and Chloe, I am not that comfortable in my new Altered just yet so I am pretty sure Emily will take the win!”

Witness Rodney and Emily Williams race against each other for the first time in a few weeks at the Brisbane Jamboree.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine