Top Alcohol exhibition supercharges ANDRA Grand Final at Perth Motorplex

This article brought to you by:

After a successful exhibition meeting at the 48th Annual Westernationals in March, WA Top Alcohol Teams be bringing their high-powered supercharged machines to the ANDRA Summit Sportsman Series Grand Final on April 6 and 7.

The Grand Final will see new comer Brodie Pilkington heading into the challenge, taking over the reins from father Rob.

“Drag racing runs in the blood,” he said. “Dad finally decided to let me have my shot a couple years ago, and after feeling the exhilarating rush to run a 5.96 I knew I was all in.

“After seeing what Craig Glassby and Nigel Johnson did at the Westernationals for the WA Top Alcohol bracket, I think there is no time like the present to get back in the hot seat, after taking some time off over the last couple of seasons. I am ready to start fine tuning the car along with my driving abilities.”

Joining Pilkington will be Westernationals winner Aaron Deery, putting it all on the line once again in his Hemi-powered JPP Dragster.

“Following up the Westernationals victory I am heading out there with my eyes on the prize, I want to annihilate my opponents down the quarter mile and hopefully setting a new PB in the process,” he said.

Shane Weston will be sliding back into his sleek Weston Racing Dragster. Weston holds a PB of 5.47 at 256.83 mph.

“This meeting we are really hoping to go out there and collect some decent data to improve on our 5.58 in the new dragster, the team and I are really aiming to get the car running in consistent 50s. Everyone is out for blood at the Grand Final and it will make for some good healthy competition,” he said.

The man to beat for many is Craig Glassby in his Camaro Funny Car. Glassby is the fastest WA Top Alcohol racer with a 5.38 at 269mph.

“We are really hoping to get back into the 5.30s, but the team and I would be pretty stoked to run 5.40s consistently. I think if we aim to drive well with fast and quick runs along with having a great time, it will really give us a kick start to getting set up for next season.

“I think this meeting will put out some hard competition. All the other boys are running PBs and driving well. I think I have pretty good odds to come out on top.”

Nigel Johnson may have to sit the Grand Final out after damaging the blower on his final pass at the Westernationals. Upon dismantling the motor he also discovered two snapped rods. 

Racers will go head to head over three rounds on Saturday and two rounds Sunday. 

– Perth Motorplex Media Release

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine