RAI make it to quarter finals in Sonoma

This article brought to you by:

Go-Gus-copy

Rapisarda Autosport International scored a superb win over number two qualifier Steve Torrence in round one then fell to reigning Top Fuel champ Antron Brown in the quarter- finals of the NHRA Sonoma Nationals.

In round one RAI pilot Tommy Johnson nailed Torrence on the tree also dipping under the 3.80 sec barrier with a missile like 3.78/324 mph to easily account for title aspirant Torrence.

“The car started to skate around at the 700-foot mark,” said Johnson. “I had my hands full keeping it in the groove. We were “haulin ass.”

johnsonP-copy

Second round pitted two of the most talented and popular practitioners on the NHRA tour against each other.

Johnson cut a reaction time of .083 sec to narrowly trail off the line but a dose of tyre shake around 250 feet signaled the end of the day for the Oz team.

“The opening round win against Torrence is up there with our best performances since joining the NHRA back in 2010.”  According to an elated team owner Santo Rapisarda. “I’m so proud of my boys. This has been a weekend of firsts for the team. The first time we have been to Sonoma and our first time with Tommy Johnson on board as a member of the Rapisarda family. I think in the future will look back on this meeting as the moment we finally arrived on the NHRA scene.” 

brownTJAll smiles from Brown and TJ

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine