Marriott moves on from Diamond T Pro Stock team

This article brought to you by:

waynedaleymarriott

Wayne Daley’s crew chief Mick Marriott has announced that he will be looking at other opportunities going forward, leaving the Diamond T Pro Stock team which currently has no plans for appearances this season.

Daley has no immediate racing commitments due to the demands of his business and Marriott said he and Daley both agreed that it was best for Marriott to look for new options.

“If the Diamond T team was competing I would have liked to continue working with the team,” Marriott said. “If a suitable opportunity was available in the future, it would be a pleasure to work with the team again.

“As a team we had many highlights, and were extremely competitive. For me personally it would be the number one qualifying spot at last year’s Perth Pro Stock round which we went on to win. I was always impressed with Wayne’s driving skills and his engineering knowledge. Thank you to everyone that followed and supported myself and the team.”

Marriott said the outfit’s success last season, where they challenged for the championship right up until the final round, was down to a team effort.

“I have no doubt Wayne will race again in the future and may even choose to race a one off meeting this season,” he said. “I am going to look at what opportunities are available to me, as Wayne Daley Motorsport has no plans to travelling or committing to any meetings at this time.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine