McClure’s handicap hassles no barrier to championship

This article brought to you by:

IMG 5189

WA Top Comp champion for the 2013/14 season Alistair McClure said he went from thinking he had no chance to living out a dream of winning the most prestigious state title.

McClure said changes to the handicapping system at the start of the year, which benefited pro classes such as Top Doorslammer and Top Alcohol, simply fired him up.

“With the changes to Top Comp rules it was widely thought that we would have no chance to be competitive and all that did was make me more determined to succeed,” he said. “I think four wins, three runner ups, resetting both my track records by a tenth and consistently running up to two tenths under the national record really puts an exclamation mark on our season.”

McClure said the highlight was a win at the Westernationals, during which he also nabbed both ends of the BB/FCA national record. As if by default, he also won the Driver of the Year contest by a large margin.

“It’s hugely satisfying to build, tune and drive all your own deal on a $20 budget and take on WA’s best and win,” he said.

“The partnership with Allfast Torque Converters and JAF Engineering has been also key to the stellar performances of the team that will now chase national glory at the X Champs and Winternationals.”

McClure is likely to switch to the altered body for his east coast assault, teaming up with Kyle Putland’s A/A in an all-altered attack on Competition nationally.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine