Following the Wynds of change

This article brought to you by:

shanewyndShane Wynd has crossed the Nullarbor no less than 55 times but he doesn’t foresee many return trips in the future now that the current 2014 Modified Aeroflow Sportsman Drag Racing Championship points leader has made the move back east permanent.

Originally from Healesville, Victoria, Wynd recently relocated back to his home state from Western Australia to start a new chapter of his life and racing career on the east coast.

“The knowledge that Calder and AIR are up and running featured in our decision to relocate to Victoria,” he said.

“I am actively looking for work now and Jo (Shane’s wife) will be joining me once our house sells in WA, hopefully soon.

“This has been a huge move so far, with only the start of the vehicle and belongings shuffling across the Nullarbor. It’s not every day that someone rocks up to a race meeting (like we did) in Adelaide with half their house in the race car trailer!”

With the move half complete, Wynd is looking forward to racing in the X-Champs at Sydney Dragway next weekend.

“My entry has been made for the X-Champs following two unfinished meetings in Adelaide and Calder to hopefully keep the lead on the points ladder,” he said.

“Dial Before You Dig (NSW) have gratefully come back on board with some sponsorship after many years of sponsorship with the ute and dragster to compete at the X-Champs. More sponsorship equals more racing, equals more exposure.”

His plan is to return his Super Sedan ute to its former glory as finances become available. Step one is to transport the ute and its XW Sedan stable mate from WA to Victoria.

At both Adelaide International Raceway and Calder Park, Wynd reached the semi finals only to have it end abruptly due to weather conditions. Going into the X-Champs he hopes to finally reward his father Kevin Wynd for all his support over the years.

“None of my racing career could have been possible if not for my Dad who has been my greatest asset and travel companion for all of my years and travel across the country to race and follow the championship points in Super Sedan and Modified for the ultimate goal of a Gold Christmas Tree,” he said.

“He has now retired from crewing, but you never know when he comes to visit, there may be a spot for him if he wants it.

“I was hoping for a win at Adelaide or Calder so I could give him the trophy as a retirement gift.”

If recent form is anything to go by, he may get that chance in Sydney.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine