Nitro Voodoo takes Winternationals gold

This article brought to you by:

AE4R9672

Australia’s quickest Top Fuel Motorcycle racer Chris Matheson has again taken the Gold Christmas Tree at the 2014 Winternationals last weekend.

Multiple time Australian Top Fuel Motorcycle champion Matheson was ecstatic after the win.

“My team are the best in the game, they never gave up, we broke a lot of gear from testing the weekend before all the way to the final on race day, but I guess that’s just nitro,” said Matheson.

“It’s a great result for me personally and the team as this time last year I was still recovering from a high speed crash in Sydney.”

“To come here and win against the best Australia has to offer is very encouraging in our quest to get back to where we were before the accident.”

“The weather, track conditions and a huge crowd were the just deserved reward to the staff and officials at Willowbank Raceway, especially following rain conditions in previous years.”

A field of nine Top Fuel Motorcycles entered, but was quickly reduced after many teams suffered irreparable damage from qualifying. 

With all the struggles the Matheson team had over the weekend they still came away with the victory facing giant killer Graeme Morrell in the final with a 6.374 to a 12.441.

Part of those struggles included damaged cylinder heads which were repaired by James Noonan and his staff at NRE (Noonan Race Engineering).

“People don’t realise without the support from behind the scenes experts such as NRE, we just don’t get down the track,” said Matheson.

The Matheson team are now looking forward to the next round at Hidden Valley in Darwin next month as they continue little steps to regain thier championship winning mojo.

Chris Matheson and the team also wish to thank again sponsors and supporters: WebCam, Red Line Oils, RB Performance, Rocket Industries, CRC Industries, PDS Graphics, Kitten Car Care Products, GT Radiators & Machining, Vance & Hines, Hi-Side Leathers, PR Factory Store, Boninfante Friction Inc. and special thanks to Larry “Spiderman” McBride & Steve McBride.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine