Outlaws riding into Benaraby

This article brought to you by:

MattWatts050614

The Australian Supercharged Outlaws Championship is shaping up as one of the most intriguing battles of the 2014 Aeroflow Sportsman Drag Racing Championship.

When the series comes to Benaraby Raceway for the Benaraby Nationals on this Friday and Saturday, several of the heavy hitters will be vying for crucial championship points as the title race hots up.

The Benaraby Nationals will serve as part of a split round with the Fuchs Spring Nationals running simultaneously in Adelaide meaning any number of scenarios can play out across the weekend.

Brisbane native and Desert Nationals winner Matt Watts will be one of those contenders focussing on the job at hand while keeping an eye on what is happening at Adelaide International Raceway. 

“I won’t lie and say I won’t be keeping an eye on AIR but I will be concentrating on my job in Benaraby first,” he said.

“Every competitor is tough. Next weekend will be hard as everyone is so close to that maximum points total of 300.”

With so many teams including Guy Watts Motorsport on the cusp of the magic 300-point mark, Supercharged Outlaws will be one of the most competitive brackets on show at the season ending Australian Nationals at Sydney Dragway October 31 – November 2.

But they need to get there first by coming to grips with the upgraded 1000 feet race distance at Benaraby and earning enough points in a packed field featuring defending champion Luke Marsden and 2014 Fuchs Winternationals winner Rodney Hansen.

“I haven’t raced in Benaraby since last year at this same meeting so I’m not sure how good it is but I have heard from other racers it’s a lot better. We raced eighth mile (660 feet) last year so 1000 feet this year will be interesting.”

The Benaraby Nationals featuring Pro Stock for the very first time and the Aeroflow Sportsman Drag Racing Championship roar into life at Benaraby Raceway near Gladstone on October 3-4, 2014.

For more information please visit: www.benarabyraceway.com

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine