Victor Bray returns with Ben, new look

This article brought to you by:

This weekend’s season-ending Australian Nationals will see Victor Bray make his comeback to the ANDRA scene after a few months away and he will do so with son Ben Bray by his side.

While continuing to take it easy following his Fuchs Winternationals crash in June, 30 year old Ben simply wants to get back on-track and involved with racing, even if it means watching from the sidelines.

“To be going back at an ANDRA event and be with the team as dad races in Top Doorslammer, even only as a spectator, is something I am really looking forward to,” said Ben Bray.

Victor Bray said he was greatly looking forward to heading back to the track with his son.

“Over the last few months I have discovered that while I absolutely love racing, I enjoy it most when Benny is with me,” he said. “We have had a few racing commitments since the accident and have done those with the help of our crew chief Graeme Frawley, but while we had a great time, it just wasn’t the same.

“To have Ben at Sydney Dragway with us this weekend will be very special indeed.

“Over the last few months we have taken a break for the first time in 35 years while Ben has continued to recover and it has given me and the team some time to get things straight in the workshop, but it will definitely be good to get back on-track at the Nationals.”

Bray will run a new livery on his ’57 Chev Top Doorslammer in the first official confirmation from the team that they no longer have Sidchrome as a naming rights sponsor.

Pitting alongside the Brays will be their team mate of sorts, New Zealand’s Rod Harvey.

Harvey is aiming to reclaim the 2JZ and Sports Compact world records at the Nationals.

“I definitely have a fire under me to reclaim my world Sports Compact record from the guys at Ekanoo – they reset it recently from my own 6.123 seconds at 238.26 miles per hour to 6.05 seconds at 240 miles per hour,” he said. “It is a bit of a jump, but I know we can do it and we will be throwing everything at it this weekend at Sydney Dragway to get it done.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine