O’Rourke Motorsport busy in lead up to opener

This article brought to you by:

Queensland-based driver Grant O’Rourke will be competing this weekend in Top Doorslammer as part of the Home Group WA Nitro Slam at Perth Motorplex, getting the chance to be back in front of his family and friends.

O’Rourke moved to Queensland from Western Australia but said the team still has many links back to their former home state.

“While we now live in Brisbane, a lot of our friends and family are still based in Western Australia, as are 60% of our pit crew, so it is an important place for O’Rourke Motorsport,” he said.

O’Rourke finished a personal best third in last year’s Top Doorslammer championship.

The team’s lead up to the new season has been busy, with O’Rourke not only preparing his own Pontiac Firebird for competition but also repairing fellow driver Stuart Bishop’s Chev Camaro for racing in Perth, after a crash at Sydney Dragway.

“It is certainly going to be a busy January, but we can’t wait to be back on track,” he said.

Meanwhile, Grant’s wife Debbie O’Rourke has been adding to her skillset, getting her heavy vehicle licence to be able to help drive the team transporter cross country.

She will be racing at the Westernationals later in the month in her Top Alcohol Funny Car.

“I am really excited to be able to share the driving duties with Grant across the Nullarbor for our first events of the season,” said Debbie.

“While I won’t be racing this weekend, I will be undertaking testing before the first round of the Top Alcohol season, with Grant providing his support to make sure no stone is left unturned.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine