RESULTS – Smiles all round in Ross/Wentworth camp followng Street Series Rd 2

This article brought to you by:

JodyWentworth040315

The second round of the 2015 Street Series was held at the weekend, with Ken Rice (Street Bike), Jody Wentworth (Powder Puff), Mark Allan (Street Eliminator), Ray Ross (Hot Street) and Paul Doeblien (Quick Eliminator) taking victory.

As the entry level competition for aspiring drag race champions, the Street Series provides an accessible and affordable option for Car and Motorcycle racers who wish to prove their mettle on the race track. The next round of the Street Series will be held on Saturday 28 March, 2015.

While all those victorious on the weekend had plenty to smile about, in the camp of Ray Ross and Jody Wentworth the smiles were a little wider, with the couple both securing event victories in their shared 1972 383ci Dodge Charger.

RayRoss040315 Ray Ross ready to take victory in Hot Street at the weekend.

“It’s always sensational to win no matter what it is in, I get the same buzz from them all, but it is even more special when Jody and I are able to both win on the same night,” said the 54 year old Ross, a Security Officer from Surfers Paradise who is supported on-track by Coomera Sandblasting and Binstead Engineering and thanks Wentworth for letting him race her Dodge.

“It always puts pressure on me to perform well when she does well in the Powder Puff bracket just before my Hot Street bracket starts. The one that doesn’t do as well as the other has to fork out for coffee and desert on the way home, so that is a great incentive to do well,” laughed Ross.

For car owner Wentworth, the victory came as a pleasant surprise at the trophy presentation thanks to her final competitor being disqualified.

“I was very surprised to claim the winning trophy as the scoreboard listed me as runner-up at the end of the final. I only found out at the conclusion of the meeting as I was collecting Ray’s Winner and what I thought were my Runner-Up trophies, when I was informed that Tammy Goldthorpe had been disqualified, giving me the win,” said the 42 year old Wentworth, who manages the Bundall Petbarn and thanks Ross for his preparation and maintenance of her Dodge.

“Our confidence wasn’t that high heading into the weekend as we had both only managed to win the first round at the last meeting, but our confidence grew with each round won. For me, there are so many good and competitive racers in the Powder Puff bracket, so each win is so important.”

KenRice040315Ken Rice took the Street Series round two win in Street Bike

MarkAllen040315Mark Allan was victorious in the Street Eliminator class.

PaulDoeblien040315Paul Doeblien took the win in the Quick Eliminator bracket.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine