Ladbrook recovering after Funny Car crash

This article brought to you by:

Western Australian Russell Ladbrook is on the path to recovery after his scary run into the sand trap at Washpod Nitro Max last weekend at Perth Motorplex.

Ladbrook’s chutes failed to blossom on the 400kmh pass (the winning run in the Top Comp final by the way) and he went off the end of the braking area and across the sand trap, with only the two catch nets at the end keeping him from going any further.

He sustained several fractured vertebrae from the accident, with safety teams being very cautious in extracting him from the car to avoid any further injury.

Ladbrook’s partner Nathalie reported through the team’s Facebook that an operation after the accident went to plan.

“Russell’s op went well according to the doctor,” she said. “He had his back fused from T5 to T9 due to his crushed T7. He feels worse than he did before but I’m told that that’s normal.

“From this point on it;s all about healing and recovery and not having to stare at hospital ceilings.

“He’s definatly Kiwi tough and telling me we have to get another drag car for the next season and to start looking tomorrow!”

Ladbrook returned home in recent days to continue his recovery.

“Russell has asked me to express his sincere thanks to (the) Motorplex and all the safety people for their efforts in getting him out safely,” Nathalie said. “He would also like to thank the Del Caro team, Daniel Gregorini and all the other teams for helping him and his team. He will get around to thanking you individually when he is able.”

We here at dragnews.com.au wish Russell a speedy recovery.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine