Sportsman qualifying complete at VPW Racer Payouts Pro Series 1000 in Adelaide

This article brought to you by:

14032015domrigoli

Qualifying is run and done in the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series in for the VPW Pro Series 1000 at Adelaide International Raceway.

Over 150 Sportsman competitors battled it out in sunny Adelaide conditions with all but Super Comp and Supercharged Outlaws completed by dusk.

When the conditions cooled off after sunset, the numbers were even more impressive as Mike Evans jumped to the top of Supercharged Outlaws while indexes are on the verge of being shattered in Super Comp.

The top six qualifiers are all under their respective indexes with Domenic Rigoli in his lightning quick turbo Mitsubishi Eclipse a whopping .545 under.

That puts the Sydneysider into first with a very good shot at claiming the 1000-foot national record for the CC/SC class on his first ever trip to Adelaide.

“On the first run we had a few issues,” said Rigoli. “We had this ongoing issue last week in Sydney during testing and at Jamboree, we thought we fixed it but we didn’t.”

“My second qualifier the car took off spinning the tyres and then we just made a few adjustments, pulled a bit of power out on the start line and I don’t know if it was the track that got better or our adjustment but we’re back to our normal 60 foot time.

“It actually drove through the clutch at the end but it’s making more boost here (in Adelaide). The air is really good. I think she’s ready to go for tomorrow!

“A lot of people told me that people in Adelaide love the compact cars so I was keen to come for that.”

Mark Davidson, Craig Geddes, Steve Norman, Jim Ioannidis and Tom Dimitropolous can all set new elapsed time national records in their classes while Ioannidis can double up with the mile per hour record with Wayne Cartledge also in position to set a new speed mark. Watch this space.

Top of the pops in the remaining Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series classes are Steve Fowler (Top Sportsman), Michelle Osborn (Modified), Andrew Saliba (Super Sedan), Rob Cassar (Modified Bike), John Kerr (Super Street), Kelly Donnelly (Junior Dragster) and Warren Bull (Super Gas).

Full results

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine