Donnelly gets first nitro drive

This article brought to you by:

JakeDonnelly25042015-4

Queensland’s Jake Donnelly has become one of the youngest drivers in Australia to start licensing in a Nitro Funny Car, going through the stages at Willowbank Raceway yesterday.

Donnelly finished up with a best time of 5.89 with an early shut off, though early incrementals showed the car going 3.7 seconds to half track at almost 200mph.

JakeDonnelly25042015

Donnelly was driving the formerly Graeme Cowin-owned Harbour City Hustler, a car seen frequently on the Aeroflow Outlaw Nitro Funny Car circuit. The Donnelly family have purchased the car, which is one of the quicker ones in the stable. Justin Walshe was on hand during the day to give Donnelly some tips as he got his first nitro experience.

JakeDonnelly25042015-2

“Well I guess the cat’s out of the bag,” Donnelly said on his Facebook page. “(I) started licensing in a Nitro Funny Car today and wow, I’m lost for words. 5.89 off it early! Thank you to all involved, couldn’t do it without you all! And a huge thank you to GC.”

JakeDonnelly25042015-6

Donnelly may prove to be a bright young star in the Aeroflow series.

Meanwhile our spy photographer was out at the track capturing these images. He’s not actually that subtle…in fact probably the opposite. Not such a good spy. But well done Dave/dragphotos.com.au.

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine