Nervous wait makes title victory all the sweeter

This article brought to you by:

Darren Morgan is enjoying basking in the glory of his third ANDRA Top Fuel championship following his nail biting series win over challengers Damien Harris and Andrew Cowin.

It was the second straight championship win for Morgan’s AEG Powertools team.

“What an amazing finish to the season and I’m so happy we’ve been able to finish the year strong and make it back-to-back Top Fuel championships,” he said. “Firstly I have to thank my amazing team who have done an incredible job all season to get the team this victory.

“The result is just superb for our team and especially our crew chief, Ben Patterson – who is instrumental in getting the car down the track. Last season he was the youngest crew chief anywhere in the world to have won a Top Fuel championship and to back that up with another championship is just perfect.

“There’s a whole team that put their heart and soul into our effort, including Rodney Sparrow, David Thornton, David Smith, Norm Moylan, Brendon Liddle, Dennis Ehmsen, George Becerra, Steve Dale, Will Morgan, Ben Patterson, Ben Evans, Marc Ohalloran, Barry Anderson, Colin Beasley, Karyn Beasley, Barry Corboy, Natalie Morgan, Caitlyn Morgan and Rory Morgan as well all the other people who have assisted throughout the season.”

Five top speed bonus points earned by the team proved critical as it gave them the 1.5 point edge needed over Harris in one of the closest Top Fuel championships in history.

With both Harris and Morgan losing out in round one it was a tense time as both teams waited to see if anyone else could take away the speed points Morgan had acquired.

“It certainly was a nervous wait at the end but that’s what makes this sport so unique and so exciting for both the teams and the fans,” added Morgan.

“On behalf of the entire Darren Morgan Racing team I would like to thank our major sponsors AEG Powertools, Shannons Insurance and Kennards Hire along with our associate partners Castrol, Victorian American Imports, Hertz, Disc Brakes Australia, Lovells Springs, Aeroflow, Rocket Industries, Champion Spark Plugs, Permatex, Timken, The Brake Man, Hedman Headers, PPG, GTS Transport, Cabac, CRC, Crow Cams, Groovey Tube, Hungry Jacks, MacNaught, Fusion, Mildura Tourism, Mechanix Wear, JB Automotive, Elgas, Orrcon Steel, Torque Calibration Services, Creative Options, The Mill Hotel and John Judd Industries.

“Without the support of such great sponsors and our investors none of this could have been possible.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine