Red dog the top dog

This article brought to you by:

BryanFinn-GrandFInal2016-bobtaylor-web

Up until the 2014 Desert Nationals, Bryan Finn had mostly competed on Divisional Day licences regionally. In 2015/2016 he is the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series Modified Bike Champion.

“Red Dog” went into the ANDRA Championship Grand Final trailing Shane Walker and Gavin Dohnt by 40 points with Wally Hosta, Brian Moore and Gordon Crawford all within a shout of the title.

“I thought that the Grand Final was a great show, a few minor hiccups but understandable considering how long they had to get ready,” said Finn.

“The track was fantastic, a PB for me in Round 1 qualifying with a 10.88 at 122 mph, a credit to the prep team from Whyalla’s Steel City Drag Club.

“I didn’t think I had a chance to win the title considering the form of the other three main contenders – Shane, Gavin and Wally I had to battle with.

“I’d decided to do some good burnouts and enjoy myself until Shane went out in Round 2. But Gavin and Wally were still in, so more big burnouts. When I realised I had the bye into the final, I thought maybe.

“Then Wally knocked out Gavin in the other semi and I thought, head down bum up and just go.”

In the winner takes all final race between Finn and Hosta, Finn led off the line and as Hosta played catch up both racers broke out. Hosta with a 9.339 on the 9.38 dial in to Finn’s victorious 10.986 on the 11.00 second dial in.

“When I found out I’d done the double I couldn’t stop laughing, the best feeling I’ve had drag racing. The time card shows that Wally and I both lost, he just lost by a little more than me.

“My fellow competitors are the main driving force for me as I strive to improve my racing so I can keep up with them.

“It was a tough season having these ratbags on my tail, but I wouldn’t have it any other way and am already sorting out next seasons campaign with the hope I can battle with them again.

“I would like to thank my Sponsors, Adam & Tarah from Toll Port Augusta, Dion from Dion McHugh Signs and Phil, Naomi and staff at Northern Motorcycles in Port Augusta. Without these great people helping me I might not have had the season I had.

“To all the family and friends that support and cheer me on, I thank you.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine