Morgan is upbeat as championship battle heats up

This article brought to you by:

After recently announcing a new partnership with Hungry Jacks Mildura, Top Fuel racer Darren Morgan has got his sights set on his first ANDRA Pro Series championship as a team owner.

During the rain affected round at Queensland’s Willowbank Raceway earlier this month Morgan posted the 5th fastest time during qualifying to line up alongside Terry Sainty in the first round of competition.

While rain ended the event early, Morgan was encouraged by the speed of the new-look Hungry Jacks Top Fuel car and he will enter the next round of the championship, to be held in Perth later this month, as the championship leader.

Morgan upbeat despite round washout
“It was very exciting to unveil the partnership with Hungry Jacks Mildura earlier in the month and the car had some good speed that I was looking forward to transferring into a top result, but the rain ended that thought,” said Morgan.

“With four rounds left in the chase for the championship I’m two points ahead of Andrew Cowin, which in real terms is very little, we’ve just got to go out there and win every race possible now to win the championship.”

On hand to help unveil the new look livery earlier this month was Hungry Jacks Mildura boss Greg Stephens.

“Being new to Top Fuel drag racing I was amazed at how well the car presented in Ipswich. If you haven’t seen a top fuel drag race it is sure an experience,” said Stephens.

“Then you go into the pits and watch the professional mechanics of Darren Morgan racing go to work. It is unbelievable watching a race engine being pulled apart and put back together within an hour. These guys are obviously devoted to the sport because they all volunteers.

“Hungry Jacks are so proud to sponsor this team. We can’t wait to read the headline ‘Darren Morgan wins Championship’.”

Morgan will next strap into the Hungry Jacks Top Fuel car in two weeks time for round four of the ANDRA Pro Series to be held at the Perth Motorplex on January 28/29.

Darren Morgan Racing is supported by Hungry Jack’s Mildura, Visit Mildura, AEG Powertools, Shannons Insurance and Kennards Hire.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine