Mighty Mouse claims “Hat-Trick”

This article brought to you by:

After claiming their second consecutive win this Championship season, Maggs Racing has now made it three wins from three starts at Sydney Dragway National Championship events.  After taking out the latest RARS Round, Jason once again sits solely on top of the Competition Eliminator Championship standings.

“We had a great weekend” began Robert. “Our entire team really works well together and it is showing in our results.  Everybody on the team has a specific role to play and they play it well”.

In spite of the great result, it wasn’t all smooth sailing over the weekend, in the semi final round there was an interesting moment in the last half of the track.

“As I’m going through the gears, I was looking for both Peter (Zelow) and the finish line when I pulled fourth (gear), and the shifter fell into my lap” explained Jason. “So here I am, traveling over 180 mph, gear stick loose in my hand, with less than two seconds left in the race trying to find my opponent and the finish line, all the while trying to figure out what just happened, if I can hit fifth as well as concentrating on keeping the car straight”.

“I can’t tell you just how much was racing through my mind in such a short period of time. Once I let go of the throttle, I realised I had ripped the CO2 supply out of the shifter and it was leaking, so the next job as I was pulling the car up was to reach for the air bottle and turn it off before it ran out”.

After the team repaired the damage and turned the car around it was time for an all Racer Pro Cylinder Head Final Round against fellow Victorian, Shane Baxter. 

“We love racing Shane, he is a fierce competitor and he had been running very quick all weekend,” said Jason. 

“We actually softened the car up for the final to make sure it went down the track, and it showed in the short times, going from consecutive 0.985 in the 60’, to a 1.000 for the final” continued Robert.

In the final after making a big move to the left, the Corvette stopped the clocks in 6.455 seconds at over 214mph.

“We couldn’t have asked for a better way to welcome our friends at Speedflow to our racing program,” explained Robert.  “We just hope it continues for the remainder of the season”.

Maggs Racing will next be seen at the Nitro Champs at Sydney Dragway on the 4-6th of May. The team want spectators to feel free to come round and meet the entire Maggs Racing Team and check out their Corvette.

You can also follow Maggs Racing at facebook.com/maggsracing

Maggs Racing is Supported by:
•    Speedflow Performance Products – www.speedflow.com.au
•    United Tools – Coburg  – www.eisupplies.com.au
•    Racer Pro – Australian made Cylinder Heads – www.racerpro.com.au
•    Racecomp Motorsports – www.racecompmotorsports.com.au
•    Vinyl Wraps and Graphics – www.vinylwraps.com.au
•    Motorsport Connections – www.mscn.com.au
•    Maggs Constructions – 0413 336 631

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine