Pacey getting racey for Winternationals

This article brought to you by:

The Rocket Allstars Racing Series reaches its final round at the Fuchs Winternationals at Willowbank Raceway. Teams from all over Australia will attend to pitch themselves at the best competition the nation can offer.

Fortunately for Modified Bike racer Karl Pacey, he gets to compete on home turf. He currently sits third in his local championship and says he doesn’t want to just make up the numbers.

“I’m there to win the Fuchs Winternationals and the track championship at the same time,” he said. “There is no point in approaching it any other way. I’m very much a budget racer but the attitude of racing hard is no different to any other serious racer at big events.”

Pacey made the switch from circuit racing to drag racing as safety weighed on his mind, but he still finds the competition is just as strong.

“I caught the motorcycle racing bug at a very early age when I got into circuit racing. Though I had been riding bikes since around the time I could walk, having an older brother helped as we have always been very competitive on bikes,” he said. “I find the circuit stuff a little too risky these days so drag racing is great to keep the competitive spirit alive. Plus the great bunch of guys and gals in the drag bike community are always good to catch up with.”

Pacey races in the dial-your-own Modified Bike bracket where he can continue to compete with his Suzuki GSXR 750.

“The funny part is that I’m still racing the same model bike I raced back in those early circuit days. I’ve done a few engine cube modifications but I feel right at home on it,” he said. “It is a thrill to ride as it is not generally as smooth as it seems. I get a real buzz riding it and I get a lot of comments in the pits about the bike from old blokes like myself that remember the 1980s era bikes.”

The Fuchs Winternationals takes place on June 8-11 at Willowbank Raceway near Ipswich, Queensland. The full ANDRA drag racing experience will be on show including all pro categories and the best sportsman racers in the nation taking part in the Rocket Allstars Racing Series.

By ANDRA PR

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine