End of an era for Puglia

This article brought to you by:

AllenPuglia 020313

West Australian Drag Racing magnum, Al Puglia will enter his 28th season of drag racing with a new look and new attitude as his highly successful partnership with Nuford comes to an end.

Nuford’s profile in the drag racing community nationwide has become synonymous with Puglia’s winning streak of four consecutive championships, backed up by four prestigious “Driver of the Year” awards, however the flagship Ford dealership will embark on new marketing opportunities in the new financial year.

“In some ways it’s the end of an era, but on the other hand, it’s the start of something new for Allen Puglia Racing and Nuford,” Puglia said.

“We are so grateful for this partnership, and to have Nuford as our premium sponsor for the most amazing four years of my racing career is a testament to how loyal they were to us and how much their support meant to us being at our best. But nothing lasts forever, and as one era ends, another one starts and we’re really excited about some changes that we’ll be making in the race team that should put us right in line for another phase of competitive drag racing.”

Puglia’s vision of the future is bright, with some changes in the workshop in the off-season that should breed major improvements on the quarter mile.

“After a long season of racing and a rest, my youngest son Matthew persuaded me to go to the Winternationals to see some good racing from a spectators point of view, and also catch up with some friends. While we were there, I was privileged to get the opportunity to work and assist with the setup with Bill Kotsias and his great team. Bill reset the Willowbank Pro Stock track record with a 6.983 in the first round of eliminations and it’s great to see the underdogs achieving such amazing feats,” an upbeat Puglia said.

“Then thinking beyond the coming season, hopefully we’ll be able to transfer what we’ve learned from the Probe to the Mustang and who knows, we could have a two car team when my oldest son Nick is ready to step up!”

“We’re all really excited for this next phase. The crew is pumped up with a fresh breath of air as are our major partners at Big Rock Toyota, AHG, Stonecivil, Puglia Enterprises and Termimesh and our minor sponsors in BL & SG LAKE Cartage, and MSC Financial and are on board again too. We can’t wait!.”

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine