fbpx

Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Effective silencing device on Junior Dragsters

Effective silencing device on Junior Dragsters

I would to hear what thoughts are out there on what to use on a Junior exhaust to limit it to 95db at 30 metres.
We currently have a 12.90 engine and my daughter will be starting her racing career early 2014, but have no idea how loud it actually is and what type of "effective silencing device" it may need.
Cheers, Bones

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Effective silencing device on Junior Dragsters

i got ours from a motor bike shop , checked it at last t& t & works great on a 10.5 engine

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Hi bones, firstly your junior probably wouldn't be over 95dbs as it is. That being said we have this ridiculous rule so we have to do something. Do yourself a favour and stay away from the Borlas. Some have had success but they are way too big for your engine and you will have problems mounting it safely/securely. Speak to your local exhaust shop and find a very small hotdog style muffler and have that fitted don't forget to make sure it runs as close as possible to straight and still has an angle at the end pointing towards the ground.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
unrehafe
Members Online: