Rhiannon Allison scores jet dragster drive

This article brought to you by:

rhiannonallisondna

Last season’s WA Rookie Driver of the Year Rhiannon Allison is set to become one of the quickest racers in Australia, being named as the pilot of one of the jet dragsters coming to Perth Motorplex this season.

“I am super excited for the jet dragster drive and to be given this opportunity means a lot to me and my family,” she said. “To get the opportunity to be driving one of the jet cars is like a dream come true.

“A huge part of my life is drag racing, speed and adrenaline and the jet dragster covers those three things. Not only do I get an opportunity to drive, I am the first female in Australia to be driving a jet car.”

Allison said she looked forward to being a role model for more young women coming up through the ranks of drag racing.

“Our sport of drag racing is growing and you see more and more girls come and race every season,” she said. “It will be great being out there supporting the jet dragster show and interacting with the fans but also seeing young girls looking up to me and to see anything is possible if you give it your best shot, have dedication and really have a passion for the sport.

“I can’t wait to take a quarter mile in the jet dragster for the very first time.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine