fbpx

Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Starting out in drag racing..

Starting out in drag racing..

Hello! Out there to all drag racers and a happy new year!

I Am about to make a start in drag racing and want know what are the first steps I need to take. I am not new to motorsport have done hill climbs and off road stuff and what not. And now want make a start in drag racing. I have got a car I can start in so that is one step! But if there is anything else I need to know will be a big help!

Cheers Matt

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Starting out in drag racing..

Contact Andra & get a licence. & rule book
And all the best

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Do you know how quick the car is at all?
As above, get in contact with ANDRA on the phone or email first, they will be a wealth of information for you to get started.
Also what is your nearest track?

ANDRA #2702

Hi I am guessing it mite do 12s? Nearest strip would be Adelaide international raceway. Cheers I will give them a call.

Cheers ok will do.

There is a good book called How to drag race, check ebay about $40.00. Well worth it, as above contact ANDRA and go to closest track and talk to others with a similar car, good luck. Glen

Hey Matty is your car street registered if so go to street meets and learn the basics, and if possible find someone at the track to help out or  crew for on race weekends if you were in Sydney we the ss/a guys could help good luck.

Free willy

If you have access to face book, go on to the racing onn page and have a look on their, the commentator (Michael Agius) does a pretty good tutorial on lights, staging etc etc.

Good luck and have fun.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
unrehafe
Members Online: