You can win in anything at Willowbank!

This article brought to you by:

24022015NickBaxter

Twenty year old Nick Baxter made a spur of the moment decision last month to take his stock 2003 Nissan Navara V6 to Willowbank Raceway for the opening round of the 2015 Street Series, and now heads to this weekend’s round two (Saturday 28 February) as the defending Street Eliminator class winner.

This is the fourth Street Series contest for the Merrimac (Gold Coast) resident, with the racer having previously finished as a runner-up for the series in 2011/2012 before making it to the ‘top eight’ in 2012/2013.

After a short hiatus during which he competed in the Super Street bracket in his Nissan Silvia, the VW Technician who also crews for Peter Xiberras’ Top Fuel team and the Pro Compact Nissan 200sx of Chris Tait, is back on-track and looking to keep his Street Series success rolling this weekend.

“It was a spur of the moment decision to go up to compete in the opening round of the Street Series this year, but after going I can say it was a good one!” said Baxter, who thanks his girlfriend Brittany, parents Aleesa and Rob, Willowbank Raceway and his fellow competitors.

“After the last qualifying run I knew that I had the reaction times under control, and it just went from there. While I thought I was a goner in the third round when I cut a 0.145 reaction time, the car ran bang on the dial in to get me through to the final – Brett Paige is no easy beat and I managed to get the win.

“In some ways I was surprised to get the win, but in others I wasn’t, as I knew if I could keep up the killer reaction times it was going to allow me to make it very hard for the guy in the other lane.

“It was certainly good to win another trophy, and to be leading the points at the start of the year is definitely going to be handy when it comes to the end of the year when we are all gunning for the top eight spots for the final round. Come this weekend, I’ll be trying my best for sure – it would be awesome to secure another win and start gaining a lead on the championship points.

“The Street Series concept is a huge winner, it gives every kind of car and driver an opportunity to race and win. You can have your fast streeter or even your standard 18 second car like myself, and everybody has a chance to win and have a ball.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine