Davison wants you – for Group Two

This article brought to you by:

Toward the end of 2014 Davison Family Racing announced their return to ANDRA Championship Drag Racing to contest for the Competition Eliminator title in 2015 as part of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series.

Last month in Adelaide that time finally arrived as Mark Davison of Park Ridge South in Queensland piloted the mean looking Altered to second in qualifying while going under the national BB/A record at 1000 feet.

Unfortunately it would end abruptly in the first round of eliminations but the team picked up 20 points to open their account for the year with Round 4 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series coming to their home track of Willowbank Raceway this Saturday April 11.

“Regretfully we went down in the first round (in Adelaide) due to a brand new spark plug killing a cylinder in round one,” said Davison.

“It was costly for the team in points and a national record reset was lost but that’s racing. My young son Shane was shattered as he makes all the calls on the tune up and being his first meeting alone to tune the car and punching the car under the national 1000ft record, I could not be more proud of him.

“The Sign Hut racing team will be racing the Summit round at Willowbank this weekend to try and gather more points before heading to the Sydney Summit round (Nitro Champs May 2-3) with hopefully more points in the bank before the Winternationals final.”

Racing in the Super Comp bracket combining Competition, Super Stock and Super Compact on Saturday, Davison expects racing to be tight but he’d like to see more racers step up to Group Two allowing for all three brackets to run independently.

“The combined Super Comp bracket really doesn’t make a difference as we run our own race. All the cars in Group Two are tough to beat and are all on their game, that’s the challenge – fast, tight, racing. Every round is a different challenge as a driver as the cars are so versatile in Group Two.

“I wish the bracket could develop into a larger platform with more Group Three racers stepping into Group Two. It really needs this at the moment so to all the racers in Group Three, step on up, the racing is fast and exciting.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine