Forbes thunders to third round in NHRA Super Gas

This article brought to you by:

11222111_758401407598224_9093160083855356917_n.jpg

Victorian Super Gas racer Matt Forbes made it to the third round of the Thunder in the Heartland event at Thunder Valley Raceway Park in Oklahoma over the weekend.

Forbes wrote of his experiences, returning glowing reports of his experiences racing on the other side of the world.

“From the time we entered the facility we were welcomed by the track operator and staff, the Division 4 director and many racers,” he said.

“We were able to operate with one of the most professional sportsman outfits in the NHRA and for that I am truly grateful. I have learned a lot this past few days and we have met some absolutely wonderful people.”

In the Woods Racing C5 Corvette, built by Don Davis and running a 565 Sunset Performance Racing Engines powerplant, Forbes quickly got a handle on the northern hemisphere.

“By the end of time runs we were pretty confident we had a competitive car for race day,” he said.

“In the first round we were .008 on the tree and took the (win), in the second round were were .004 on the tree and left second! Our opponent was .003 and we were dialled a little better in the conditions. In round three we came to a screaming halt with a red light.

“It still feels the same to lose a round whether it’s in Australia or in the USA but we get another shot this weekend.”

Forbes will be competing in Dallas at the NHRA Fall Nationals at Texas Motorplex.

“After having a day to digest this past weekend’s race I am really happy and extremely thankful to all of the great people that have created this opportunity for me,” Forbes said. “The logistics and organisation is first rate.

“We have a busy week in the lead up to the Texas Fall Nationals this weekend. This will be my first NHRA national event and I am hoping we can go some more rounds.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine