CC/DA record already close for Sharon Sheehan

This article brought to you by:

Top Comp has long been one of Western Australia’s favourite local brackets and the variety of cars being put in front of spectators continues to impress.

At this weekend’s Washpod WA Drag Racing Championships, fans will see both fresh faces and old favourites competing.

Recently out for the first time in competition was Sharon Sheehan’s stunning CC/Dragster. The Medusa-themed airbrushing is really worth a close look at in the pits as are the many other details on this six second rail.

The dragster is just a few runs old but is already only about a tenth of a second off the national record, before the team has even begun to lean on it.

Sheehan, who raced in Modified previously and is married to Top Fuel and Funny Car racer Mark Sheehan, said the car behaved exactly as it was supposed to.

“Everything went perfectly, thank God,” she said. “I pulled off a 6.85 second pass and hit the 300kmh mark which was very exciting.

“I threw a blower belt on my last run, right on the finish line. It would have been nice to be on the podium on my first meeting in that car.

“This meeting the plan is to crank it up a bit, ‘make it go faster.’ They’re Mark’s words – I wouldn’t expect anything less from him.”

{fcomment}

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine