Josh Fletcher doubles up

This article brought to you by:

Taking out the Street Series championship in consecutive years and his third time overall Josh Fletcher in his high 11 second  LH Torana claimed the 2009 – 2010 Willowbank Raceway Street Series title.

He joined his father Bill Fletcher also a track champion at Willowbank Raceway this year in Supercharged Outlaws.

The ex junior dragster competitor powered through 5 rounds of racing with amazing reaction times and deadly consistency to defeat all that came before him.

“I was just happy making the final 16 but to get the win is always a bonus,” said Fletcher.

“The other good thing about the top 16 is you get to race other competitors that throughout the season you don’t normally because they are in different classes.”

One competitor that will be having nightmares of Josh will be the other finalist in Jason Stoodley.

“It was the third time in one week that I had defeated him,  I had raced him during eliminations at the final event last week and had defeated him in the second round of racing tonight before we met back up in the final,” remarked Fletcher.

With his second championship in a row under his belt he has set two new goals next season.

“I want to be the first person ever to win three championships in a row as well as race my old man (Bill Fletcher) in Supercharged Outlaws,” he said

The team just landed a brand new dragster from the United States dedicated to the Supercharged Outlaws class, father Bill will be driving the new dragster whilst Josh gets handed the steering wheel to the old 7 second dragster.

Josh thanked his fellow competitors from the shootout for a great nights racing as well as his father and step mother Suzanne for letting him race and spend their money each weekend for a sport he loves.

The first round of Willowbank Raceways 2010 – 2011 Street Series starts the 7th August.  To find out more information visit www.willowbankraceway.com.au

By Mark Allan

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine