Murrihy’s maiden Supercharged search for Championship

This article brought to you by:

portland-27

Northern Territorian Adam Murrihy will aim to make history by winning his first ever Supercharged Outlaws National Championship at the ANDRA Championship Grand Final in Adelaide April 9-10.

A regular on the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series this season, Murrihy has endured a marathon travel schedule with his young family taking in events at Warwick, Mildura, Calder Park, Portland and back to Calder Park between November 28 and January 24.

“We set out to race the five rounds that we completed with the hope to get our 300 points and put myself in a good position to take the title and so far we have achieved what we set out to do,” said Murrihy.

It will be a three way title fight with David Thornton also on the 300 points cap and Doina Day on 280 points.

Day has been in this position before winning the Championship in the final pass of the season at the 2014 Australian Nationals. In 2015 Day lost a third round match up to Donald Freind who claimed the Championship on that run.

Thornton won his first Series event in his hometown of Mildura following a runner up in Portland in November. He has performed strongly all season and is hungry to win a first Championship of his own.

“They say you got to be in it to win it and one in three odds aren’t bad,” added Murrihy.

“The car is running perfect and every track we have raced I have felt very comfortable with the setup of the car. For the first time in this Series I will have my full pit crew with me including Shannon Gaddes who I bought the car and builds the engines so I will be surrounded with the right people on the weekend.

“I have been surprised by the support and the well wishes I have received from my hometown, they love their drag racing in the NT and they have been following our progress on Speedweek.

“I haven’t raced at AIR before but can’t wait and we haven’t raced a bad track yet. We have a good race car and an experienced crew so on the day we see what the weather is like, have a look at the track and tune the car accordingly.

“I love the first pass on a new track, the unknown gets the heart rate up a few more clicks.”

The 2015/2016 ANDRA Championship season will come to a close April 9-10 at Adelaide International Raceway featuring Championship showdowns in both the professional ANDRA Drag Racing Series and Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series.
For more information and to purchase tickets online, please visit www.adelaideraceway.com.au
Adult pre sale tickets are also available for $25 from the OG Speed Shop, 65 O G Road, Klemzig SA 5087

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine