Shane Tucker takes Auzmet Architectural Camaro to highest qualifying position of season

This article brought to you by:

ShaneTucker161016

Shane Tucker is heading into raceday at the 31st annual AAA FallNationals in the No. 11 spot. In his highest qualifying position of 2016, Tucker is confident they’re honing in on a solid raceday tune-up to be successful at their home track on Sunday.

On Friday, Tucker began qualifying at Texas Motorplex with a 6.697-second pass at 207.94 mph in his newly designed white, teal, and matte black Chevrolet Camaro. He returned for the second session and made a big time improvement with a 6.641, 208.30.

In Saturday’s first session, Tucker slowed to a 6.688, 208.36 in the hot track temperatures in the Texas sun. For the final qualifying session, Tucker squared the tires at the hit and was forced to push in the clutch and coast to the finish line; Tucker clocked in with a 16.806, 49.43.

“We were too aggressive in the last session,” Tucker said. “The car wasn’t happy at all that run so we’ll put it back to where we were yesterday and give them an honest run for it.”

No. 11 Shane Tucker will race No. 6 Vincent Nobile in the first round of eliminations tomorrow morning; both competitors are supplied engines from the same team, Elite Motorsports.

“I’m looking forward to tomorrow,” he added. “I was pretty late on the tree yesterday and this morning so we moved the pedal around a bit and adjusted the linkage and I was .027 on the tree so if I can be a little better on the tree tomorrow, we’ll keep them honest.”

SHANE TUCKER, AUZMET ARCHITECTURAL CHEVROLET CAMARO
Qualified: No. 11

ELIMINATIONS
TUCKER vs. Vincent Nobile

QUALIFYING
Friday: 6.697-seconds, 207.94 mph (Session 1); 6.641, 208.30 (Session 2)
Saturday: 6.688, 208.36 (Session 3); 16.806, 49.43 (Session 4)

-Shane Tucker media release

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine