Shane Walker eyes Mod Bike triple treat in Mildura

This article brought to you by:

shanewalker desertnationals2016 grantstephens

Round 3 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series at Mildura Sunset Strip couldn’t come at a better time for Harley Destroyer rider Shane Walker (Cremorne, Victoria).

Following a disappointing start to his Modified Bike season at the Desert Nationals in Alice Springs when the woodruff key that locates the flywheel to the crank broke on the first qualifying pass ending his weekend.

Walker has since tested running 147 mph and will look to kick start the year at his happy hunting ground in Mildura.

He broke through for his first ever National event win at the Sunset Strip in 2014 and went back to back in 2015. Looking for the hatrick, the Modified Bike stalwart wants to make the most of his limited opportunities this season.

“With work and personal commitments limiting the number of rounds I may be able to make this season, I need to do well at the events I do attend,” he said.

“I have a brand new engine onboard and only two, albeit promising shake down passes under the belt so I’m keen to see what the new combination will do.

“I will be a little rusty on the tree but hopefully by eliminations I will be back in the groove.”

Qualifying for Round 3 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series at Mildura Sunset Strip commences from 10am – 5pm on Saturday October 22. Cut-throat elimination racing begins from 11am – 4pm on Sunday October 23.

For more information please visit www.sunsetstrip.org.au 

-ANDRA media release

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine