Darren Parker: Will he or won’t he?

This article brought to you by:

darrenparker southernnationals2014 web

It’s another race against time for 2013 Super Stock Champion Darren Parker (Hoppers Crossing, Victoria) to be ready for the premier Super Stock race of the year at Calder Park Raceway this weekend.

The Rowe Memorial Super Stock Classic is one of the events on every Super Stock racers list to win. And with valuable Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series points up for grabs, there is double the reward.

Backed by four-times Pro Stock Champion Peter Ridgeway turning the screws, Parker has endured a drama filled week in an effort to return to the track.

He had previously slated his return for earlier this year but unfortunately the engine encountered some issues with one of the intake valves delaminating while on the dyno meaning the whole top end needed to be rebuilt again.

“It took a while for the custom titanium replacement valves to arrive, then there has been some issues with the latest batch of fuel coming into the country being 3-4 months late so Peter Ridgeway has been back on the dyno this week and working hard at getting the car together for Saturday,” said Parker.

More trouble followed when one of the bearings in a roller lifter failed but fortunately Ridgeway and Arthur Sagiaris caught it as it happened.

“We have been chasing a new set of replacement lifters and found some so they’re currently working hard to check and clean the motor to make sure it is all okay and then get it back together!

“It was on the dyno Wednesday and they’re finishing it off as we speak. Once I get the call I will go and grab it and start getting ready! I will probably still be working on it at the track on Friday night and Saturday morning.

“Peter has made a number of updates to the engine and he has a rule that the engine doesn’t leave the shop unless it makes more power, so all going well I will be there Saturday.”

The Rowe Memorial Super Stock Classic and Round 4 of the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series will be held one day only on Saturday November 19 at Calder Park Raceway.

For more information please visit www.calderparkdragracing.com.au, visit the Calder Park Drag Racing Facebook page or keep an eye on the Rowe Memorial Super Stock Classic Facebook event page.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine