Brennan Realises Racing Dream

This article brought to you by:

Emerging as a crowd favourite in West Australian drag racing circles, Maurice Brennan will realise a decade long dream this weekend as the Boomeracing outfit step up to ANDRA Pro Series Top Doorlsammer.

After a successful testing session today at the Motorplex that netted incremental times that could well land the Iluka racer in the field, Brennan will return on Friday to the very venue that sparked his dream as he sat spectating over ten years ago.

“I sat up in the crowd back in 2000 with my wife after we’d taken some time off racing to establish our family and after bagging a state championship in Super Sedan back in the ’90’s, we were keen to scratch the itch and go racing again,” a reflective Brennan said.

“We weren’t quite sure what we’d like to get into, and as we were talking about it, Victor Bray arrived on the track with his Doorslammer and the crowd went wild, and I turned to my wife and said, ‘That’s what we’re going to build.”

Fast forward ten years and after a lengthy but rewarding building and development process, Brennan will take to the track in the hotly contested Top Doorslammer category in a home-built car that has nabbed the reputation as the World’s Quickest Commodore, with backing from Carpet Court Joondalup, K-Trans WA and Crown Integrated Systems, plus a host of amazing supporters and a finely tuned crew sighted by young gun James Rowland.

“This is a dream come true for me to contest Top Doorslammer, and if we read the conditions and are on our game, we should have what it takes to make the field,” an optimistic Brennan said, facing the challenge of twenty two cars vying for a slim field of only eight in the eliminations.

“But what has made this dream a reality is the amazing people around me, and regardless of how this weekend turns out, we will have finally chalked the board with a dream that has been in the making for a decade, and that’s a decade that has had plenty of setbacks let me tell you!”

The Worlds’ Quickest Commodore will take to the famed Perth Motorplex at 6, 8 and 10pm on Friday night in an aggressive attempt to make the final eight for eliminations at the same times on Saturday.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine