Territory drag bike rider attends American racing school

This article brought to you by:

Top End drag bike rider Scott White ventured to America this month to participate in the Frank Hawley Drag Racing School in Gainesville, Florida.

No stranger to quick bikes, White set a blinding 7.903 second pass at 166mph back in July 2007 on a Suzuki Hayabusa to record Hidden Valley’s quickest and fastest Modified Bike pass. To this day it’s still faster than the official ANDRA ET and MPH National Records for A/MB class bikes.

But during training he did one better in Florida where he topped the class, running both the quickest and fastest time of the group, 7.78 at 165.5mph. School co-ordinator, George Bryce was impressed with White’s efforts, saying the bikes are only built to run just into the seven second zone.

White’s own son, Bryce is named after the drag school’s host, George Bryce, who White met in Australia in the early 90s at Calder Park where White was racing Pro Bike.

“Many champions have started at the school including Ashley Force, Scott Kalitta and Antron Brown. I saw it as a chance to improve and to dust off the cobwebs as I hadn’t ridden the big wheeled bike since August 2008,” said White.

“I want to run a round or two of the ANDRA Pro Series in Pro Stock Bike this year. I won’t go away to race until I’ve done a pass or two at home as there are so many new bits on the bike. The motor has been set up in Adelaide by Trevor Birrell and is putting out 268HP – it’s now a bigger capacity at 1500cc.

“I’m looking forward to this year and having a good track at home is definitely a plus.”

Testing resumes at Hidden Valley Drag Strip from 22 April 2011.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine