fbpx

Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

Ply Fronts Radial Rears

Ply Fronts Radial Rears

Hi Guys

I am new to Drag raceing and would like to know everyones opion on Ply front runners and Radial Rears.
Is OK & Safe.
Thanks

Edited by: Buleboss - 22-09-12 07:29:23

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Ply Fronts Radial Rears

Why would you have a combination like that?

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

I think you will find its a no go on both on the track and the road.
Nathan

Hi Buleboss. I know plenty will tell you different but I run ply's on the front of mine all the time, street and strip (11 sec streeter) and just put the slicks on the at the track. But lately i've been racing on E/T Street which are radial slicks and they are fine. The only issue is the other way around because slicks on the back will "steer" a car, and having radials on the front will fight the slicks and give you drama. I've been doing it this way for about 7 years and about 10,000klm, and 200+ runs. Even with the street slicks on the back the plys are way better on the track, much better feel. Not sure what the big tracks would think of this but I'm assuming the X275 guys would be running proper front runners...

I have been using Radial Slick rears with street radial fronts, I just purchased a set of front runners (ply) and do not want to replace the rears. I contacted ANDRA and they had no problem with Radial rear Ply front.
I just wanted to know if anyone else has done the same and how it drove..

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
unrehafe
Members Online: