fbpx

Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?

E85 fuel

E85 fuel

Hi all,
I am currently getting an engine built in the US and have been asked if I want to go 13:1 comp. I thought of running E85 so I could run that high comp.
Combo;
555cui Aluminium BBBuick block
Crower crank
GRP alloy rods
JE pistons
Aluminium heads
Roller cam 270'@.050
Sheetmetal tunnelram
ICE 7amp 2step ignition

TH400 3500stall
3.5 rear gears
31" tall tire
1600kg hotrod

What do you guys think of the comp. What brand of carbies would you recommend? An experienced E85 engine dyno tuner in Sydney/Illawarra?
Thanks

Edited by: slimfromnz - 22-09-12 07:40:33

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: E85 fuel

Race only or streeter?

Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Streeter with occassional strip duty

For your carb, I'd try http://www.prosystemsracing.com
Patrick can build them to suit whatever fuel you want, and he's always there for tuning/setup help after the purchase.
Couldn't be happier with the pair of Dominators he did for my car.

nitrolx wrote:

For your carb, I'd try http://www.prosystemsracing.com
Patrick can build them to suit whatever fuel you want, and he's always there for tuning/setup help after the purchase.
Couldn't be happier with the pair of Dominators he did for my car.

Cool. Did you purchase them direct? Where is Patrick from?
Cheers

Pro Systems is based in Muskegon Michigan.
I bought mine direct, just filled out the online quote form and then organised it from there, just bought with credit card.
No problems at all, easy as.

He's only an email or phone call away if you have any dramas, never had a problem contacting him (apart from the time zone differences obviously).

He's probably a good source of info on running an E85 deal on the street too; he's been playing with that fuel for a while now.

Cheers,
Ryan.

nitrolx wrote:

I bought mine direct, just filled out the online quote form and then organised it from there, just bought with credit card.

He's only an email or phone call away if you have any dramas, never had a problem contacting him (apart from the time zone differences obviously).

He's probably a good source of info on running an E85 deal on the street too; he's been playing with that fuel for a while now.

Cheers,
Ryan.

Thanks Ryan.
Cheers
Royden

slimfromnz wrote:

nitrolx wrote:

Cheers,
Ryan.

Thanks Ryan.
Cheers
Royden

Hi Ryan,
I went with Patricks carbs. Great price, great product very happy.
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii510/slimfromnz/AEA4F0F5-F416-4BE3-9B01-532C59E5E219-5131-00000867B3D41F37_zps1de1170a.jpg

Thanks

You need to be careful though, as the US & Aussie E85's are very different.

Also, currently the only E85 that is ANDRA legal is caltex E-Flex, I believe the Powerplus & Sunoco will be homologated shortly.  But that is it.

http://www.vpw.com.au/slider/qlbanner.jpg

1320ft wrote:

You need to be careful though, as the US & Aussie E85's are very different.

Also, currently the only E85 that is ANDRA legal is caltex E-Flex, I believe the Powerplus & Sunoco will be homologated shortly.  But that is it.

Ok.The v8 supercars use Sucrogen brand E85. Is that ANDRA legal yet?
I was talking to Aaron Hambridge and they are installing an engine dyno at APM. He said we could run it on his dyno in a few weeks time to tune it properly.
Cheers

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts today:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User:
unrehafe
Members Online: