fbpx

Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » cruzycuzz

14-09-15 17:12:39
Category: General Discussion
Forum: The Bench

Yep ANDRA should follow suit and allow EFI in Aussie Pro Stock.

05-02-15 12:32:55
Don't see many if any
Forum: Track Talk

Apart from FC's and Dragsters, is there any reason why don't see any Altereds / Front engine dragsters in the Top Alky class?
Is it because the rules don't permit them?

09-07-14 23:13:02

Cackling Pipes wrote:

I dont know if it will be the next big thing, but it will be only a matter of a few year before sixes, fours and rotaries will be into the 5 second zone. the sixes are into the low 6.1's already many still using stock components, the development potential has just begun for these guys.

Winternationals 2016
Breaking news
TD racer John Zappia loses to a rotary !

09-07-14 23:06:44

Nick wrote:

cruzycuzz wrote:

Bring in turbo's to Top Doorslammer... .

Don't you think the class would lose its identity? I mean, for me TD has always been about supercharged sedans and coupes with big blowers. I think adding turbos or even nitrous would weaken the image the class has built over the years.

Just my thoughts.

Weaken the image of the class?
No not really, bring a new dimension to the class? Yes.
Have a look at what V8SC did bringing In Volvo, Nissan and Mercedes, did it weaken the image of V8 cars, that traditionally have been falcon and commodore?
Here are my thoughts of what could happen if they bring in turbo and nos cars to TD.
Bring in new teams
Bring in new fans
Hopefully bring in new sponsors (which wouldn't be a bad thing I guess).

02-07-14 11:58:14

Bring in turbo's to Top Doorslammer which I think ANDRA will eventually do.
Used to be a big fan of TD but after watching 10.5 outlaw/pro street/factory extreme, those are my favourite classes now. The whole turbo v blower v nos thing. TD seems to be a bit dinosaurish now.
Like what wadrag said this is the time of the turbo cars.

06-06-14 18:48:29

Under TD rules, cars with a Roots blower are allowed to weigh in at 2550 lbs with no OD restrictions on the blower, so when are we going to see a 5.7sec pass from these cars?
I was curious because in the US, the Pro Mod blower cars racing under NHRA rules are heavier and have restricted OD and yet running about the same times as our Roots blower cars.

27-03-14 17:36:22

So a 500 cuber is more expensive than a top fuel motor?

25-03-14 17:25:44

What was the reasoning behind Aussie Pro Stock cars having only 400ci engines compared to their American counterparts with 500ci engines?
Was it because of cost? What's it cost to buy or build a 500 cuber?

16-03-14 16:18:04

azza86 wrote:

Don't think they sound as good but im sure ppl will get used to it. Im all for turbos in td but I hope they don't take over the class if they were ever aloud to race, it just wouldn't be the same if majority were turbos.

Aaron

That problem can be fixed allow the blower guys to run a "C" Rotor psi

16-03-14 16:15:54

2014 will be a learning curve for the F1 teams as they try to iron out the bugs and get their head around the new engine. The Red Bull cars have been suffering overheating problems apparently with their Renault engine, but definitely interesting times ahead.

10-03-14 15:40:51

A few years back some of the Doorslammer racers and maybe the Top Alcohol racers(?) used to run the Whipple screw superchargers.
Is there any reason why you don't see them on any race cars anymore? Did they as a company go under or were they banned?
Did they have any advantages over the PSI?

09-09-13 11:46:03

I guess now if they let them run screws,the supercharged cars can stay on par with the turbo cars.

What's the fastest speed for an aussie TAFC?

20-08-13 19:19:08

RTCTTFMF wrote:

Why not, he has the best roots blower tuner in his corner, the Rhino hat is part of Mike Janis/JANCEN's unique setup, and they go ok in the NHRA.

Aren't screws more reliable,more efficient and less maintenance?

19-08-13 13:43:11

Just watched the vid of his pass in that cool looking Duster,just wondering why he's running a roots blower when the rest of the competition are running screws?
And that weird looking blower hat?

• Index
  • » Users
  • » cruzycuzz

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users:
Newest User: