Bishop makes semi final with five second performance

This article brought to you by:

The Stuart Bishop Racing team has pulled together to run a five second pass in the first eliminator today to make it to the Top Doorslammer semi-finals at Sydney’s Nitro Champs.

Bishop faced Sean Mifsud in round one after a last qualifier effort saw him into the field from 18 competitors last night, with the Diamond Doorslammer running a 5.995 second pass to advance to the semi finals, where he faced off against eventual event winner Maurice Fabietti.

“After qualifying with a last minute effort Saturday night we went to the first elimination round today against Mifsud, and with a 5.995 second pass we were able to advance through to the semi-finals,” said Bishop.

“There we faced Fabietti, where we unfortunately experienced some problems which saw us cross the line second.

“I am really happy with how everything has gone this weekend, the team – especially Daniel Reed in his first outing as crew chief for Stuart Bishop Racing – really had a great effort and I am over the moon with how everything pulled together.

“I really just want to thank them for all of their efforts, and a big thanks to the guys that are now driving the truck home to Brisbane!”

Fabietti went on to face reigning Champion John Zappia in the final, taking the win with a 5.946 second pass over Zappia’s 6.043 second run.
Next up for Stuart Bishop Racing is the season-ending Castrol EDGE Winternationals at Willowbank Raceway, to be held over June 10-13.

Aeroflow Performance Parts Catalogue
FREE DOWNLOAD

Drag News Magazine