fbpx

Don't miss a thing from Drag News Magazine.

Email Address

Brought to you by

Forgot password? | Forgot username?
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Dillo

23-10-12 22:40:20
doorslamers 16 car field
Category: General Discussion
Forum: Track Talk

I read a few years back that ANDRA put this idea to the TD group and it was shot down by the big players. The mentallity of not running a 16 car field for TD is exactly why drag racing is at this low point; the people that have the power to make it big are making it go backwards! I remember back in around 08 at the summer nationals about 19 TD showed up, 8 qualified (bump of about 6.10) so the the other 11 raced grudge matches, and a couple of them ended up going 5's. It just shows the little guys can run a number they just need a chance! And this is what the big guys are scarred of... I'm sorry to ramble on about all of this but I am really passionate about drag racing, it's all I know, and limiting the field when people want to race fires me up. I'd even make PS a 32 car field if enough showed up, isn't the idea to get the show bigger and better???

11-10-12 19:57:22
Forum: The Bench

Lol, that makes me laugh, $655,000 to show races that have happened 4 months ago... Shows how professional we really are! Really makes a mockery of the whole system when the Winters are on TV in September...

23-09-12 20:30:48
Category: Technical

Hi Buleboss. I know plenty will tell you different but I run ply's on the front of mine all the time, street and strip (11 sec streeter) and just put the slicks on the at the track. But lately i've been racing on E/T Street which are radial slicks and they are fine. The only issue is the other way around because slicks on the back will "steer" a car, and having radials on the front will fight the slicks and give you drama. I've been doing it this way for about 7 years and about 10,000klm, and 200+ runs. Even with the street slicks on the back the plys are way better on the track, much better feel. Not sure what the big tracks would think of this but I'm assuming the X275 guys would be running proper front runners...

13-09-12 21:13:43
Looking at going over to watch a race meet

Hi Andrew, thanks for the good advice, good to hear from others that have taken kids over there as well.

I sent NHRA an email yesterday and they replied today saying that the P/M calendar isn't out yet but they will send it to me when it is available so I'll post it on here as soon as I get it in case anyone else is interested.

12-09-12 21:48:59

Hi Darren, thanks for your advice. Unfortunately its a holiday with a drag race... We need to go to Italy to see family so I thought I might as well head home via the states. We'll only have 6 days over there so 3 days at the races and the rest a (very) quick look around.

Everyone that I have spoke to that has gone to Vegas say it's THE place to go to, but I'll have 2 young ones with me, so I probably won't be able to see or do much there anyway. It's looking like we fly into New York so a day there, then fly to either Houston or Charlotte for the meet, then Vegas/LA for 2-3 days then home... I'm hoping they release the Pro-Mod calendar soon or else I'm just going to book the flights and hope they race same tracks as last year.

I'm just a S/St from Nth Qld but the family heads down to WSID or W/B every year to watch the nationals or winters and I couldn't resist seeing a US meet, plus I love the P/M's, expecially the turbo's and NOS; something different to seeing the same blower that most grp 1 cars have here becasue ANDRA is alergic to anything new and the advancement of the sport (was going to hit delete then but anyway... If anyone wants to complain about that last comment let me know and I'll start a new thread)

10-09-12 11:15:01

Hi Guys,

I just saw that NHRA have released their 2013 calendar. Does anyone know if they have released a Pro Mod calendar? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks again.

Dave

29-08-12 20:24:05

Thanks for all that good info guys. It's good to know that I can go watch all the top categories at the same time. I think I'll just wait until NHRA release their calender for next year before I book. I've had a look at their calender for this year, but how do I tell which meets have Pro-mod at them?

You'll have to excuse my ignorance here, but I was led to believe Pro-mod was blown, turbo, NOS, or N/A Nitro, but all I seem to see on YouTube is blown cars. Is it because the other forms aren't as popular or are they just gone?

I like the idea of Mountain motor Pro Stock too, is this gone now? Just the 500ci in the NHRA now?

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Dillo

EDIT: Just realised Donato put a link to the Pro-Mod calender!

28-08-12 12:34:40

Hi all, first post here. I'm looking at going over to the US to watch a race meet between March and May next year, preferably in/near Vegas, and am trying to work out what meet I want to go to. I jumped on the NHRA website and they have a dozen or so different types of meets, I can't make heads or tail of it all. Then I couldn't find any mention of Pro-Mod, so I'm guessing Pro-Mod is IHRA. So if I went to an IHRA meet would I still see all the nitro action that the NHRA has to offer? Can someone help me out here?

Thanks,

Dave

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Dillo

Board Info

Board Stats

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
User Info

Total Users: